When one has tasted watermelon, He knows what angels eat.
It is a huggable fruit that it juicy, fresh, and uplifting in all its aspects. You can eat it, drink it, or even wash your face with it, it will only make you feel better and better. Today we will talk about the nutritional facts of our Ever Delicious WaterMelon
- Hydrates the body- Our body needs water to carry out daily processes.Watermelon is 92% water that helps you hydrate and match your daily water needs and also prevents the risks of heat strokes in summers.
- Good for weight reduction- The combination of water and fiber signifies that you’re consuming a good volume of food without a lot of calories.
- May prevent Cancer- Researches have found that compounds like lycopene present in watermelon have anti-cancer effects.
- Improves the quality of hair and skin- Watermelons have a lot of important essential as well as necessary compounds, vitamins, and minerals, of which Vitamin A and Vitamin C help in improving the quality of skin and hair.
- Improves digestion- The high water and fiber content help in improving the digestion system in our bodies.
- Great as pre and post workout- Watermelon contains L-citrulline which reduces muscle sourness and also increases the rate of recovery of muscles, thereby increasing the intensity of training.
- Maintains blood pressure- Watermelon contains citrulline which helps in dilating the blood vessels, hence increasing the ease of blood flow and decreasing the blood pressure.
- Loose Stool- Due to the high fiber content, excessive consumption is not recommended. Moreover, it contains a special type of sugar, called sorbitol. People, who are intolerant to sorbitol may develop loose stools and gas on consuming watermelon.
- Allergic reactions- There can be severe or mild rashes, anaphylaxis, and facial swelling in some people due to the consumption of watermelon. People who are allergic to carrots, latex, and cucumber, can easily develop allergic reactions to watermelon as well.
- Not good for Diabetics-Watermelon, since full of natural sugar, can cause a spike in the sugar level of the body, which is why diabetics should avoid consuming watermelon.
- Avoid During Pregnancy-Consuming large quantities of watermelons increases blood sugar level, which leads to gestational diabetes, and therefore must be avoided during pregnancy.
Who should eat
- Weight watchers- Due to the high water and fiber content, watermelon makes you feel full without the intake of a lot of calories.
- Muscle Builders- Watermelon helps in reducing muscle sourness and increase the rate of recovery of muscles, it can act as a great pre as well as post workout snack, fresh watermelon juice is extremely beneficial as a pre-workout drink.
- People taking in less of water should definitely eat watermelon during summers to prevent dehydration.
When to eat it
A good healthy portion of watermelon as an evening snack is the best and most recommended as it improves the production of fecal mass production and hydrates the drained out body.
- Watermelon is actually a vegetable and a fruit, it belongs to the family of squash, cucumber, and pumpkin.
- Every part of a watermelon is edible, even the seeds and rinds.
- Watermelon is grown and eaten in more than 96 countries across the globe.
- In Japan and China, watermelon is a popular gift to bring for the host.
- Over 1,200 varieties of watermelon are grown worldwide.
Watermelon is one of our favorites and we bet it will help you kill the late summer strokes, Now that you know all about one of the tastiest and beneficial fruits ever, go grab your chilled slice and enjoy the summer like a king.
Happy and Healthy Eating!!